- Speed is Everything
- Anticipate the Physical Therapist's Need and Deliver Them In Real Time
- Fit the Technology into the Physical Therapist's Workflow
- Little Things Make a Big Difference
- Recognize that Physical Therapists will Strongly Resist Stopping the Treatment
- Changing Directions is Easier Than Stopping
- Simple Interventions Work Best
- Ask For Additional Information from the Physical Therapist ONLY When You Need It
- Monitor Impact, Get Feedback and Respond
- Manage and Maintain Clinical Decision Support Systems for Physical Therapists
They are surely as true now as they were then.
I would humbly suggest one additional commandment to add, in light of the recent, massive failure of the British centralized database of electronic medical records:
- Empower LOCAL decision makers (eg: physical therapists) to add to, delete or modify the decision support rules and allow interoperable CDS systems to "learn" from each other.
I think we can do better.
What do you think?