- nurses and doctors gued to their iPads in the hospital
- technicians who monitor bypass machines talking on cellphones during heart surgery
- a neurosurgeon making personal calls during an operation
- a nurse checking airfares during surgery
- providers routinely texting during surgical or medical procedures
Do physical therapists routinely use mobile devices, such as iPhones, in the clinic?
Does mobile device use in the ambulatory outpatient setting pose the risk to patient safety that the same behavior in surgical settings poses?
My assessment is no.
What do you think?