Medicare only reimburses for services that are considered to be reasonable and necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury or to improve the functioning of a malformed body member.
Medicare does not cover maintenance therapy.
The webinar on the Therapy cap exception process and use of the KX modifier will be held on Tuesday, May 22 at 11:30 AM-12:30 PM EST. The delivery language is English.
- Are you the person responsible for billing outpatient therapy services for your provider?
- Are you a physician, non-physician practitioner, or qualified therapist performing outpatient therapy services for Medicare beneficiaries?
- Do you know how to determine if the beneficiary qualifies for the automatic exception process?
- Are you or your billing company appending the KX modifier to all therapy claims?
- Did you know that excessive use and abuse of the KX modifier could result in a probe review of your practice?
You do not want to miss this opportunity to learn valuable information about how and when it is appropriate to use the KX modifier on outpatient therapy claims.
During this free one hour educational event, you'll have the opportunity to learn more about:
- Results of data analysis and excessive use of the KX modifier
- The financial limitations of the therapy caps
- The automatic exception process and when it’s appropriate
- How to comply with Medicare regulations regarding the exception process
- How to determine if the Medicare beneficiary meets the criteria for the exception process
- How to take advantage of self-service tools that can help you make the most of your valuable time
To submit your questions in advance of the webcast, just sign-up for the webcast on FCSO University ; select the hyperlink under “Course Activities” and submit your questions.
Please submit your questions no later than May 8.
You can't afford to miss this valuable opportunity to learn and interact directly with your Medicare experts at FCSO.
To participate in this webcast, please register by Monday, May 21.
This program has the prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) for 1.0 continuing education unit (CEU).
Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor. Please click here for CEU documentation instructions.
Note: If you do not have a training account, please click here to learn how to create one.